PRS Legislative Research, commonly referred to as PRS, is an Indian non-profit organisation that was established in September 2005 as an independent research institute to make the Indian legislative process better informed, more transparent and participatory.
About the Hiring
PRS offers rolling internships throughout the year. The PRS staff consists of a team of dedicated professionals with different areas of expertise, and is broadly divided into the research and outreach departments. While the research team analyses legislative and policy issues of topical interest, the outreach team tracks the working of the legislatures and legislators, manages citizen engagement and is PRS’s interface with the MPs and MLAs. A prospective intern can apply for an internship in either/ both departments.
Structure of the internship
The internship varies from session to non-session time.
- During a Parliament session, PRS’s work is guided by the issues taken up in Parliament and interns are expected to work with the analysts on any and all projects.
- During non-session periods, the interests of the individual intern are taken into consideration, and he/she is matched with an analyst(s) doing related work.
The successful completion of a PRS internship requires the intern to pursue and complete an internship project. The intern will be assisting analysts in their research, as well as undertaking an internship project.
- The duration of the internship is flexible, but is normally between four and eight weeks.
- Interns can work from their home.
- No accommodation or remuneration is provided.
- This is strictly an unpaid internship.
Expectations from interns
In addition to a deep interest in the working of Parliament and the legislative process in India, an intern should have:
- strong writing skills
- strong analytical skills
Posting 10+ Educational Opportunities daily:
• Telegram: https://t.me/opportunitycellofficial
• Facebook: https://bit.ly/oc_facebook
How to Apply
- Interested persons can fill in the application form. The form has to be filled out in one session, and there is no option of saving responses. You are expected to:
- write a short statement of purpose (not more than 500 words)
- upload an up-to-date resume in PDF format
- upload a writing sample on any policy issue. (not more than 1000 words) in PDF format
- For any queries, please email us at [email protected].
Note: PRS is only accepting applications for internships starting Aug. and Sept. 2020.