About the Organization:
Language and Learning Foundation (www.languageandlearningfoundation.org) is a New Delhi-based non-profit organization with the vision of enhancing equitable student learning, especially language and literacy development, through the professional development of teachers and teacher educators, building/sharing knowledge, and implementing projects in collaboration with state governments. LLF currently works with seven state governments across the country.
About the Programs:
LLF works on designing and implementing language and literacy programs for state governments while researching and innovating for multi-language and multi-grade learning. The three dimensions of work include continuous professional development of teachers and teacher educators, implementing projects that demonstrate transformed teaching-learning processes for early language learning, and engagement with the government system for reform in academic policies and practices.
LLF is collaborating with the Government of Chhattisgarh to build the capacity of State Resource Group, Block Resource Group, Cluster Academic Coordinators (CACs) and teachers to implement the Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) mission for improving student learning outcomes in the state.
Field based projects are an outcome-based to implement in schools of the Durg, Balod, Sukma and Bastar districts to improve the learning outcomes of foundational literacy and numeracy, work closely with the teachers, cluster academic coordinators (CACs), and other stakeholders to achieve the FLN outcomes.
The Block Coordinator will report to the District Coordinator and will be responsible for implementation of the program in allotted schools to him/her.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring implementation of the project activities of LLF at block level and in selected schools.
- Liaison with government official regarding project monitoring and mentoring at block level/district level.
- Regular field visit to observe and support classroom processes in grade 1 and 2 as per prescribed manual of LLF.
- Work closely with school’s teachers specially class 1, 2 & 3, Cluster Academic Coordinators (CACs) and Language District resource group to enhance their understanding of the language pedagogy reform and provide handholding support at school level in undertaking capacity building initiatives to support the teachers.
- Facilitate Joint planning and field visits with Block Resource Persons/Language District Resource Group Members and Cluster Academic Coordinator.
- Continuous documentation of the project processes and identify super model of the language learning processes and outcomes.
- Conduct trainings for Resource Group Members and Cluster Academic Coordinators.
- Facilitate workshops/trainings at cluster level/block level with support of DRG and blockadministration.
- Ensure and support in DRG tasks and capacity building activities.
- Submitting daily/monthly reports to the Block education department and DistrictCoordinator based on the pre-determined objectives for the month/year
- Document best practices, case studies and success stories from the field to share withdonors, central team and governments
- Prepare monthly and daily plan of activities, based on the project objectives and inaccordance with the other block coordinators plan.
- Ensuring Monthly data collection based on the M & E needs derived.
- To extensively support block resource school to develop them as demonstrative resourceinstitutions.
- Any other work suggested by the district coordinator and academic coordinator will be alsopart of the JD.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience of working in education projects that involve training, material development, and capacity building
- Graduation in any relevant stream (Hindi is preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience in building & managing relationships
- Strong communication skills, fluency in Hindi
- Speaking and understanding of Chhattisgarhi languages
- Result-oriented and ability to adjust to a fast, changing work environment associated with a young, growing organization
How to Apply