MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology), Govt of India invites applications for Digital India Internship Scheme 2021. The last date of application submission is 29 April 2021.
An internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms.
For the larger benefit of the student community and with a view to enrich the management/implementation of its various schemes/programmes, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has decided to notify these “Internship Guidelines”, to provide a framework for engagement of Interns for a limited period.
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Sc.(Electronics)/MCA/ DoEACC „B‟ level/LL.B shall be eligible.
- Note:- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in summer 2021 will not be eligible for the internship. Only students who are in the previous one year will be eligible. LL.B students would be considered for internship only in ‘Cyber Law/ IT Act’ area.
- Possessing minimum qualifications as above shall not guarantee internship in this Ministry. Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
- The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry and time the intern is willing to spend with the Ministry.
- A token remuneration of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his Supervisor/Mentor.
- The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Ministry.
- The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective organisations/Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain.
- For selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview, may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
- List of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal.